11.05.2010

I'm in Kaylie's lavender room, admiring her bed frame draped in Christmas lights and the collection of movies on her shelf.  I'm wearing a recently purchased maxi dress from etsy and enjoying Sufjan Stevens' genius.  I am thinking about the chemistry between Zach Galifinakis and Robert Downey Jr. in Due Date and creating a blog and not about school or subject tests or application essays.  That means it's Friday night.  That means the writer's block I often encounter on Monday afternoons is gone.  This moment, even in its simplicity and uncertainty, this moment of Swedish Fish, Sofia's Song, and no writer's block is me.

2 comments:

  1. erin, your writing flows through me like warm milk on a hot afternoon. just kidding. that sounds disgusting... UNLIKE YOUR WRITING. love you.

    ReplyDelete