6.02.2011

Long time, no post



















I'm afraid that my blog fell into the pile of barely started journals I have hidden deep in my closet. But this is a New June's resolution - not only to avoid Kaylie's baby Voldemort scream, but also to document the changes in my life that will shortly ensue.
I was looking at my two posts and saw that the last was on November 16. What? AcDec? Was that me? I am amazed at how much has changed in eight short months. Yep, no more Great Depression or Grapes of Wrath. No more calculus. November 16th Erin was swamped with college applications and daunted by the uncertainty of the future. Ok, the latter hasn't changed. November Erin was dreaming about settling into a dorm in Portland or maybe being accepted to Stanford. June Erin knows that she will be moving her stuff a grand total of 10, 12 miles.
Up until about a week ago, I was more than a little disappointed the dreams that seemed so close in November were now an impossibility. I was disappointed to know I was going to ASU, living in Tempe. I felt as though my opportunities and possibilities had been restricted. Then I put on a ridiculous gown and added a cap and went to graduation. It seems trite, but as I sat and listened to Dahlya's speech, I realized how much I have already accomplished that was once only a possibility. And guess what? I'm excited for the future. I'm excited to go those 10 or 12 miles and discover an entirely new realm of possibility.
So, this blog will follow me to Tempe and this new life and will hopefully exist as a reminder and documentation of those perhaps not so distant possibilities.

1 comment:

  1. You will do magical things wherever you are in your life. Remember that!

    ReplyDelete