6.27.2011

Summer vacation, 2011




















The first day at my uncle's lake house we steamed live crabs. I was in the spirit of the east and decided to take apart and eat my own crab. Unfortunately the still half full box of live crabs were placed at my feet so that I could perfectly see moving legs and claw. Needless to say, I lost my appetite, but not before staining my pants with butter. Yay Virginia!




















My aunt holding her second grandson. The bunny ears belong to my very mature 34-year-old cousin.

The whole gang.



 
The long drives produced a lot of rolls of hay ...



... and cool old barns ...


... and excellent signs (notice the "fried bolony").





















We went on a 20-mile bike ride along a trail that was a converted railroad which followed a little river. Beautiful.




















We even saw a family of deer.




We toured Duke and Emily got to add another college to her coming list of applications.





































So much green! I will surely miss that, the family, and, of course, fried bolony, but it's good to be home.

1 comment: