7.21.2011

Death at its best (frame)

In the last three days I have watched three movies that involve death. They were all quite well made and wonderful in their own way.

1. You don't know Jack. I have to admit that, though I was aware of this concept/phenomenon, I did not know much about "Dr. Death"prior to watching the film. Jack Kevorkian championed the idea of physician-assisted suicide for terminally ill patients and put it into practice for over 100 of them. The movie was quite informative and well-made and captured quite beautifully the emotions involved with death and the desire for it.

























2. Beginners. First of all, such a lovely movie. Death was not the main focus, in reality, life was. Death was an overwhelming presence though. The true tragedy, however, was not the simple end of a life, but the action of allowing yourself to die, whether that be through fear of love or denial of one's self. Beginners made the beauty of a full and true life obvious through the presence of death. Beautiful.


3. Food, Inc. (Guess who kicks the bucket in this one. Yep, about a million cows.) Gross. Sad. Quite interesting, actually. I think this is one of those movies everyone in America should watch. It was eye-opening and empowering. Individuals have the power to enact change if they only become aware.


3 comments:

  1. I am so embarrassed I haven't seen Food Inc. yet! BUT! Wasn't Beginners so good? It's definitely a favorite of mine. Erin, you write so well. I love reading yo wordz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man! Yeah Beginners was so adorable. I love Ewan McGregor. He makes me want to be a blonde French woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto, Erin. Make me a French lady NOW!

    ReplyDelete