9.09.2011

A cloudy day in Tempe

There's no gloom though. Today has been lovely. Done with classes for the week, I am sitting on my bed, knitting a whimsical scarf (see below), listening to Belle and Sebastian, and drinking a Trader Joe's orange cream soda. It has been overcast and gloriously windy all day; I've hardly even broken a sweat walking to class. Even the girls outside my window wearing only their bras and distressed denim shorts where the pockets are longer than the hemline aren't bothering me! I just look above them at the clouds and the windy tree tops and life is good!

















Disclaimer: It looks pretty silly now but I promise it will have many more leaves on it and be awesome when it is complete. If there's a deficiency of greenery around me, I will just have to wear some!

Also, I got an email about this annual creative publication called Lux. They publish undergraduate fiction, nonfiction, poetry, and selected art pieces. I'm thinking about submitting a fictional short story! We'll see where that goes. (This is the 2010 winner for the fiction section. Seems pretty competitive, but I might as well give it a shot.)

Maybe it will rain tonight.

1 comment:

  1. This makes me happy. :) You definitely should submit a story!

    ReplyDelete