9.02.2011

Adorable vintage clothing stores are my toast and butter

College is about cramped desk spaces, 2 a.m. readings of Plato, lots of ramen, and finding great/quirky vintage stores. The other day, Rylee took me to this store called Butter Toast in Phoenix. We had to wander through some overgrown, abandoned-looking neighborhoods to get there, but it was quite worth it.
























I am on a budget (again part of the college experience), but I couldn't help myself. The store was so lovely, the prices extremely reasonable. My finds:


















The "I'm a college hipster" look: I have been wearing almost exclusively my high-waisted shorts since I got here because of the heat, but I've been on the lookout for some denim high-waisted ones for a while.


















The "I'm a tennis pro in the '60s" look: This orange and white checkered gem was an early birthday present from Rylee. She's too nice to me.


































The "I've been watching too much Mad Men and think I'm cool" look: This dress, however impractical, reminds me of Betty Draper and Kaylie Hatos. I couldn't resist.

So, there ARE cool places around here. I need to get over myself and explore and find them. This was a wonderful start.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE THAT DRESS! And LOVE LOVE LOVE Blogger Erin! :)!!!!!

    BTW, "I've been watching too much Mad Men and think I'm cool" is pretty much the story of my life.

    I MISS YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't know how much I smiled when I saw this. You're so cute! This post makes me so happy! Hahaha. I especially adore the college hipster outfit, but everything is presh. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete